Internet and Technology Resources
Acceptable Use Policy
Mary Help of Christians Academy is committed to the goal of having computer facilities used in a responsible, efficient, ethical and legal manner to advance the educational goals of the Academy, consistent with our mission. All users must acknowledge their understanding of the general policy as a condition of using the facilities.
Access is a privilege, not a right. Access entails responsibility. Computer technology is provided for students to conduct research and communicate with others, with the understanding that communications on the network are public in nature.
The computer system, hardware, software and internet are property of MHCA, therefore the school retains the right to monitor all access to and use of electronic communication. The purpose of this document is to define expectations for all users, safety practices, prohibited activities and system limits.
- There is no expectation of privacy. All network and computer activity is subject to monitoring and review.
- The system is solely for educational and legitimate school purposes. Any unauthorized use of MHCA Systems may be considered theft of services.
- All hardware and software should be treated in a respectful manner. Downloading or installing of software to school resources is not permitted.
- Network storage areas are similar to school lockers and should be maintained and kept relevant, and are subject to review and inspection by administration.
- In accordance with Federal Regulations, MHCA employs content filtering for your protection. Any attempt to bypass said filters is a violation of this policy.
- All media brought to school is to be consistent with Catholic values. Any material that is harmful to others or advocates illegal acts, violence or unlawful discrimination, including but not limited to cyberbullying is prohibited.
- Sharing passwords with any other users is prohibited.
- Harming, destroying or altering data of another user and/or our Network is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to the uploading or creation of malicious software and/or hardware.
- Student will not plagiarize other peoples' work or violate copyright laws.
- Impersonating other users or sending anonymous email messages is prohibited.
- MHCA will not be responsible for any damage you may suffer, including but not limited to, loss of data, interruptions of service, and/or third party financial obligations.
- Personal devices, including cameras, may not be used during school hours for any purpose unless approved in advance by faculty or administration.
- Personal devices may be used at school and school events outside of school hours with the following restrictions:
- Use of the device must be consistent with this policy regarding acceptable content.
- Any recordings or pictures containing students in school uniform, or identifiable as MHCA students, must not be published without prior consent from Administration.
- MHCA reserves the right to terminate any user's access to MHCA Systems at any time.
- MHCA will cooperate fully with local, state, or federal officials in any investigation related to any illegal activities conducted through MHCA Systems.
- Students are responsible for the resources they are provided by MHCA. If a student damages, or destroys the resources they will be held responsible for repair / replacement costs.
- The Academy is not responsible for loss or damage to any personal equipment. These are brought to school at the student's risk.
- This policy applies to all electronic devices whether provided by the school or student. Students who violate any part of this policy may have their devices confiscated.
The Academy provides these resources for the educational program. The misuse of these resources will bring consequences which may include Detention, Suspension and/or Expulsion, at the discretion of the Administration.